Hey, anonymous alcoholics!  These are the patch notes for the last beta update we did.  It is a bit after the fact considering v0.3.0 is coming very soon.  But here we go:

  • Added: tutorial hints on your first game
  • Added: 51 new recipes
  • Added: 1 new residue
  • Added: multi-player matches back in
  • Added: two new pages to drink book
  • Added: show ingredients player is adding/subtracting to brewer, in multiplayer
  • Added: pressing ENTER will join given IP, if entered
  • Added: last 10 achievements
  • Added: midnight as a half-time game
  • Added: badge to half-time winner’s avatar
  • Added: half-time message during rolling
  • Added: separate hand for dice rolling animations during halftime
  • Changed: various signal connecting in lobby scene
  • Changed: updated bot AI in drink selection
  • Changed: bots Marsch, Sweaty Mike, and Jenkins can now use any items
  • Changed: lists and scripting for drinks, residues, intoxicants, and ingredients
  • Changed: message now shows up when connection fails
  • Changed: lobby ready mechanic
  • Changed: replaced betting options with role options in Setup
  • Changed: match setup options don’t appear until player actually joins host
  • Fixed: statistics not saving correctly
  • Fixed: incorrect drink recipes in brewer script
  • Fixed: incorrect drink recipes in drink book
  • Fixed: half-time liquor bottles contents
  • Fixed: pants over shoes in player 1 set up
  • Fixed: Steam invite string when accepting invites
  • Fixed: some achievements unlocked by default
  • Fixed: weird line through match start-up screen
  • Fixed: spelling mistake on achievement description
Big changes in our last beta, coming to a bar near you soon!

Hey, dope fiends.  We were just notified that the Android version of The Dope Game was temporarily removed from Google Play because we didn’t link to a “privacy policy”.  That has since been added and resubmitted.

It’s kind of ironic considering how little of shit Google gives about your privacy but we are playing ball so the game can go back up.

Also, if you played the original game on Steam for longer than two hours, you are still eligible to get the Android version free!  Just head over to https://dope.coaguco.com/redeem.php!

Lastly, the last update for The Dope Game is out May 31st along with some details on the sequel!

Hey, dope fiends!  We are rolling out one more content update for the game on it’s two-year anniversary, dubbed The Retirement Update.

What’s it got?  Well, in light of the sequel starting development next Fall, this content update will help in migrating you into the upcoming sequel.  The migration mechanic will give you different starting bonuses when you return to Starkham based on certain stats like total money earned and drugs sold.  You will also be able to “bank for your retirement”… with more on that later.

The game will also be ported over to Godot 3 to take care of the shitty 32-bit integer problem we had with Godot 2.  As well as fixing a few other small issues and adding a few more minor things.

More details on all this as we get closer to the launch!

Hey, anonymous alcoholics! There has been a bit of a gap since the last beta update and we’re here to talk about it! As you may have heard, there was a few holidays seasons since now and then which kind of paused development on everything at CoaguCo for a bit. Luckily, that’s all over now and we have been getting the (hopefully) last beta update ready to go.

Also, Godot Engine (what we’ve been building it and our previous games in) just recently released the 3.0 RC version, with stable not too far behind. Those of you who have been playing the beta might have stumbled across a pretty shitty bug that causes a CTD. It seems to be something wrong with the version of Godot we were using; the dreaded and abandoned v2.2 which was the only one with the good networking functions.

Now that 3.0 is almost out, we are porting the game to it and this should fix that issue. The Dope Game will also probably get ported to fix the 32-bit integer problem which we really hated.

All in all, the game should see it’s last beta version this month and hopefully be ready for release in February. But as anyone who follows game development knows, dates don’t mean shit. Cheers!

Hey there, we are just writing to let you know that the X-Mas Holiday events are now active in both The Dope Game and One Way To Die. Besides theme changes and some extra achievements becoming active, users may randomly receive a gift key to one of our games when in-game.

We are also selling our games at a discount over at Itch.io, for those of your who may not own any. A little bit of a head-start on Steam’s Winter Sale. But expect similar discounts on Steam too.

Happy holidays!